All About Walleye Fish
Walleye fish, also known by the name of yellow pike is found mostly in the waters of Canada. Well, though it is a popularly known variety of fish, still many people do not know that is really edible as well. Yes, you read it right! Walleye fish can make for a perfect recipe when you are in a mood to consume fishes. In fact, once you taste it, you would be impressed for a lifetime. Moreover, you can prepare the fish as per your choice and taste.
A Perfect Walleye Recipe
The best part of the recipe of Walleye fish is that you do not need any measuring. You can just sprinkle some ingredients and you have a mesmerizing fish recipe prepared in no time.
- Lemon juice;
- Walleye Fillets;
- Garlic Salt;
- Olive Oil;
- Can of beer;
- Firstly, Take a bowl and pour in the can of beer into it.
- Next, add in the lemon juice and add the garlic salt to it. Moreover, you can even add in the juice of pickled vegetables.
- Now, put in a little of olive oil and add the Walleye fillets. Put this into the fridge for about an hour.
- It is advisable to rotate the fillets after every 10 minutes or so. However, you can also leave the fillets in the fridge for some time longer if you wish.
- Now, cover the frying pan with olive oil and heat it. Now, drop in the fillets. Make sure to cook it until it gets brown in color. You can also add more olive oil to it.
- You can serve it with fried potatoes and even green beans.
Walleye Eating Patterns
Well, this toothy fish can actually eat anything and everything it can catch with its mouth. Moreover, they prefer eating small fishes and can even eat worms, insects, and crustaceans. In addition, they prefer staying in deeper darker waters. You can try fishing for the fish during summers and from sundown to midnight. It is advisable to make use of worms, spoons, live baits, and plastic worms to catch the fish.
More About Walleye Fishing
The Walleye fish prefers staying in deep lakes having rocky or sandy bottoms. Moreover, you can even find it in cold water lakes. However, you can also find it in some warmer impoundment. The fish is popular for its perfectly tasting fillets.
Migration Patterns Of Walleye
Walleye usually become active during spring season. Moreover, it initiates its spawning procedure in medium waters. As the summer comes, you can find the fish moving towards cooler and deeper waters. Moreover, during the fall season, the said fish migrates deeper into shallow water. In addition, they also feed quite aggressively while preparing for the move into the deeper waters.
Walleye fishing offers a perfect blend of excitement as well as anticipation of a perfect meal. It is a favorite among the white meat recipes. Thus, if you are in a mood to taste seafood, then the said fish can help you prepare a perfect recipe for your loved ones.